How to upgrade U8800 to genokolar's CyanogenMod7 20120107 ROMSat 14 January 2012
Now with 20120107 cm7, all good, signal, battery, camera, etc.
Here is what I've done:
* Download Huawei official 2.3.5 beta1 ROM (google U8800V100R001C00B517G001)
* unzip and putting UPDATE.APP in your /sdcard/dload folder (I stupidly put the whole zip in at the first time... )
* following the rest of instructions to upgrade
* I'm not able to root using SuperOneClick 2.2.3 automatically, so manually rooted it as per [TUTORIAL]How to manual root official 2.3 (only difference is I'm using zergRush in SuperOneClick)
* remount cust_backup read-write and replace recovery.img with clockworkmod 18.104.22.168
* power off phone and get into CWM Recovery by VOL+POWER keys
* normal cm7 upgrade process: wipe data, wipe dalivk cache, install the zip from 【rom】u8800pro&u8800-cm7-120107
* reboot and done :)
Thanks genokolar for the ROM and julle131 helping me.